To spice up this blog which seems to have been taking a nosedive in quality recently, I've decided to take on this challenge. A buddy of mine from Rotten Tomatoes is taking care of of the top 25 male performances and you can check out our thread here. As a rule, only one role per actress is allowed. The compilation of this list was of a complex nature involving various criteria including screen prescence, emotional range, charcteriztion, my level of obsession with said actress and other enigmatic imperatives. It's a subjective list of actresses who have left a considerable impression on me. I don't expect many of you to agree with my selections so try not and get upset if one of your favorites has been left out. Comments are always welcome. Enjoy!
25. Miranda July in Me and You and Everyone We Know (2005)
24. Renee Zellweger in Bridget Jones's Diary (2001)
23. Scarlett Johannson in Lost and Translation (2003)
22. So-ri Moon in Oasis (2002)
21. Amy Adams in Junebug (2005)
20. Imelda Staunton in Vera Drake (2004)
19. Isabelle Huppert in La Pianiste (2001)